Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

SHS AHS Campus


In response to an email I sent out to some classmates about the demise of the SHS AHS building Wendy Knouse Devries reminded us that during high school we may have felt like celebrating the leveling of the school. Oh how our thoughts about high school have changed. Those of us who moved north look attending HS in S. Florida differently. As I look back (from IN) - I now see our SHS AHS campus was smack dab in the middle of a yet to be discovered (50's to the 70's) tropical paradise! Especially during the middle of an ice and snow laden winter, I'd love to walk the open halls and sun drenched court yards of SHS AHS. (Montage picture courtesy of Dr. James Scott McOwen, Seacrest Alum). So - when you think of the SHS AHS campus - what are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Hi all thanks starting this blog. I live in Rome, GA and do not gt to south Florida often. I work for a pharma company as a District Manager for critical care oncology. Who would have ever thought that as wild as my friends and I were in high school I would have such a job. I see Marcia (Carrier) Doss at times. She also lives in Atlanta. I talked with Kathy (Bollbach) Pattersen not long ago she lives in Sacramento, CA. I have not seen her in 10 yrs. Life is really good. My husband Allen and I really keep busy with family and work. All the kids are married and doing well too. I now have a grandbaby "Jack". Therefore, no complaints. Yes we are getting old but recently I heard that 50 was the new middle age!! Oh yeah...
    Julie(Patrick) Nunnelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for keeping the SHS AHS (Seacrest Blvd Campus) memory alive! Please post again soon!